Thursday, April 4, 2013

Junie B. Jones field trip

Hello everyone!  My name is Junie B. Jones.  The B stands for Beatrice, 'cept I don't like Beatrice, just B that's all.  That's how our play started today, just like the books we have been reading in the classroom after lunch.  The three books we saw performed today were, First Grader at Last!, Boss of Lunch, and One Man Band.  They were a hoot.  It sure was neat to see some of the characters come to life and sing and dance.  For me, they cast Junie B. perfectly.  She was just how I imagined her in the book.  The kids made some other connections too.  They were talking about how the books have things in them that we did not see in the play.  I looked down the row and at one point everyone was dancing in their seats.  I am still not too sure if they enjoyed it as much as I did!

This is the journal that Junie B. writes all of her thoughts in and was the interchangeable background for the entire play.  I tried to get some other photos but I could not get any as the lights on the stage made it impossible.
 
Here is a picture I found on the internet of what Junie B. looked like on stage.  I also found a picture of Mrs. Gutzman on stage.  She is the lunch lady that Junie B. befriends in the Boss of Lunch story.  She she was my favorite.
Here are the three books we saw today!


No comments:

Post a Comment