Thursday, February 28, 2013

Silly Sentences

I am looking through the papers this afternoon and I can't help but laugh at some of our adjective work we did today.  Today the students all got a silly sentence.  They then drew out a pair of adjectives to put into their sentences.  Some of the sentences we came up with today were quite comical.

Here are a few examples;

"His old sister jumped on a yellow octopus."

"I ate a bowl of crunchy grumpy bugs for dinner."

"I like to eat boring cereal out of my tiny shoe."

"The happy house is full of happy monkeys."

The students did a marvelous job at finding the nouns in the sentences and pairing the adjectives with the nouns.  The drawings were priceless as well.  Everyone did a great job with this activity and I am very much impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment