Friday, February 22, 2013

Dear Tooth Fairy

I have to brag on some of our work today.  Today we read Silverlicious.  In the story Pinkilicious lost her sweet tooth and can't taste anything sweet.  Today, I had the kiddos write about if they lost their sweet tooth what kind of candy would they ask the tooth fairy for, just like Pinkilicious did in the story.  As I was reading through the letters I could see that we have made some pretty big improvements from the beginning of the year.  The letters were very well done.  I saw that some liked chocolate kisses, others liked Skittles and some even mentioned Rolos.  I even saw that one student said they did not like nuts.  That made me laugh because I am the same way.  If you read some stories at home with your students and are looking for something extra to do have them relate to the story and write about it or draw a picture.  I thought we did a nice job of that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment