Sunday, September 9, 2012

Compost Needed

Parents, this week we will be making our own compost bags.  I need your help collecting things to put into the bag.  On Tuesday if you could send in some leaves, sticks, table scraps, peels, egg shells or whatever else you can find to make a compost bag would be great.  We are going to discuss what decomposers are and how they break down the things in the soil.  We are even going to put worms in the bags as well so we can make some observations about how the worms help break things down.

I apologize for not getting this up sooner but I have finally gotten my power restored from Friday night's storm.  This week is going to be a fun week as we talk about pets in our guided reading and we begin to talk about nouns as well as investigate all kinds of soils.  Hope you have enjoyed your weekend and I look forward to seeing everyone's smiling faces on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment