Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26th

I am sorry for not posting as often as I should have.  I wanted to catch everyone up with what we are doing this week and in the future.

I first want to thank all of the parents that came and helped last Wednesday with our Fall Party.  I know the kids sure had fun.  Some left that day saying it was the best day of school ever.  If you contributed through donations I would also like to say thank you! 

Secondly, I hope everyone had a restful four day weekend and enjoyed their holiday.  I know it sure was nice to see all of my family together.  I hope everyone got a chance to spend some quality time with their loved ones.  I also realized that this was the first time, in a long time, I had my whole immidiate family together, and for that I am thankful.  I hope everyone got a chance to pause and remember what they are thankful for as well.

Now that school is back into full swing and Christams break is approaching, life is again getting back into gear.  We have a lot to cram in these few weeks.  Today we read a story about kids around the world.  I introduced the idea comaping and contrasting.  I had the kids write a small blurb about something they do and if the kids in other countires do it too.  We will be touching more on comparing and contrasting this week.  We also took some time and made sure everyone was familiar with words that start with S.  I introduced the concept of CCVC words and CCVe words.  Your students can tell you what that means.  In math we began to talk about measuring things.  This week we are going to talk about different things to use as we measure various things.  We will also be touching on our subtraction and addition in our spare time.

I introduced a new story today that had everyone's attention.  I read, "The Elf on the Shelf".  We now have a classroom elf named Steven.  According to our story he leaves school when we do and returns when we do.  He is always watching over us.  At the end of the day he makes a quick get away and lets Santa know who is being naughty and who is being nice.  The studets loved this and we had some great writers today.  I was impressed with some of our entries in our writing journals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment